Junko Harada focuses her practice on the prosecution of patent applications in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology fields. She is granted limited recognition to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Junko is relationship manager for the Firm's Japanese clients and is experienced in advising them in connection with their trademark search and applications as well as patent applications.
Prior to joining the Firm, Junko was working for the intellectual property department of a major Japanese pharmaceutical and chemical company. She was involved with PCT application procedures, patent searches, in-house opinion, patent prosecutions regarding pharmaceutical products, synthetic fibers, such as polyester, polyamide and acryl synthetic fibers, synthetic resins, such as polystyrene and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene resins, and plastic films.
Junko graduated from a Chemistry Department of the Faculty of Science in Ochanomizu University, where she performed her thesis research on X-ray crystal structural analysis of ferrocene compound.
Junko’s representative experience includes:
- Drafting analysis Letters of Office Actions and prosecuting patent applications in the United States in the areas of chemistry, including chemical compounds, catalysts, anode materials and plastic films
- Conducts technology studies of venture company clients and advises accordingly
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Benrishikai (Japan Patent Attorney Association) (2006)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Limited Recognition)
- Member, Intellectual Property Education Support Committee of Benrishikai Kanto Area