Brett Hamilton represents lenders and borrowers on financings, acquisitions and development of apartment complexes, industrial and warehouse properties, hotels, office buildings and shopping centers. Brett focuses on partnering companies and lenders in syndicate deals involving real estate financing, construction, development, and purchase and sale transactions. He heads the Firm’s Real Estate Lending Section.
- Represented syndicate agents in a $500,000,000 credit facility and a $400,000,000 credit facility for two publicly traded real estate investment trusts.
- Represented syndicate agent in a $775,000,000 revolving and term loan facility with foreign currency availability for a real estate investment trust.
- Represented syndicate agent in a $310,000,000 construction loan facility for a Chicago central business district office tower.
- Represented syndicate agent in a $230,000,000 construction loan facility for a Houston central business district office tower.
- Represented syndicate agent in a $65,000,000 construction loan for an apartment project.
- Represented syndicate agent in a $185,000,000 secured credit facility for the construction and development of office buildings in four states.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, construction, development and leasing of senior living communities nationwide.
- Represented developers in the acquisition, construction and leasing of projects nationwide.
- Represented Big Four U.S. bank in restructure of $800,000,000 in institutional takeouts secured by real estate in multiple states.
- Represented Big Four U.S. bank in restructuring loan portfolios of $225,000,000 and $25,000,000 secured by real estate in multiple states.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Opened Locke Liddell & Sapp's New York office
- Partner In Charge (1987 - 1990)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law (2016-2020)
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine
- Named, Chambers USA for Real Estate (2019-2020)
- Vestry, St. John the Divine Episcopal Church
- Board of Trustees, First Steps Montessori School
- Board of Directors, Covenant House Texas
- SEARCH Volunteer