Printer Friendly Version
Ben FrazziniKendrick concentrates his practice on privacy and cybersecurity matters, including advising clients in various industries, including financial services, healthcare and education, with respect to their obligations under federal and state laws and regulations, including the NY DFS cybersecurity regulations, and the GDPR. He works with clients to develop and implement data privacy and security best practices, breach response plans, record retention policies and schedules, and operating procedures, including providing training to client executive leadership teams.
Prior to entering private practice, Ben was a law clerk to Hon. Ann M. Nevins of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Connecticut and a court attorney for the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department in Rochester, NY.
- Perform gap analyses on contract terms and client policies, procedures, and practices for compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements for privacy and cybersecurity
- Advise clients on compliance with the Cybersecurity Regulation adopted by the New York Department of Financial Services
- Negotiate complex SaS contracts on behalf of clients with a focus on data privacy and intellectual property issues, such as data storage, usage, breach, notification, and indemnification
- Direct client responses to data breaches, corresponding with regulatory authorities, affected individuals, and client staff
- Assist clients in complying with relevant U.S. privacy statutes, such as FERPA, HIPAA, and COPPA
- Appointed by President Pro Tempore of the Connecticut General Assembly Senate to Connecticut’s Student Data Privacy Task Force
- Member of the Data Privacy Advisory Committee to the Connecticut Commission for Educational Technology
- Associate, Shipman & Goodwin, Hartford, Conn. (2016-2018)
- Law Clerk to Hon. Ann M. Nevins, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Connecticut (2015-2016)
- Court Attorney, N.Y.S. Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department (2013-2015)
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.