Printer Friendly Version
Mackenzie focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. As a member of the firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital practice group, Mackenzie serves private equity, venture capital and other corporate clients in connection with various transactional matters. Mackenzie also provides general corporate structuring and governance assistance to a diverse range of companies, including portfolio companies of the firm’s private equity clients, early-stage companies, nonprofits and others.
Prior to pursuing her legal career, Mackenzie spent several years working in the healthcare arena, delivering patient care both as a medical assistant in a multi-specialty medical and outpatient surgical setting and as a teacher and caretaker in a residential community for adolescents with traumatic brain injuries, autism and other neurobehavioral disorders.
Mackenzie served on the core Locke Lord deal teams representing each of the following:
- Nautic Partners and its portfolio company Family Physicians Group (FPG), one of the largest at-risk primary care providers serving Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid HMO patients in Greater Orlando, Florida, in the sale of FPG to Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM).
- Nautic Partners in its formation of Healthy Eyes Advantage through the acquisition of four businesses that collectively provide purchasing services and management support to more than 10,000 independent eye care professionals, creating the largest alliance of eye care professionals in the country.
- New Amtrol Holdings, Inc., along with its wholly-owned operating subsidiary Amtrol Inc., a leading manufacturer of pressure cylinders and water system tanks, in its merger with Worthington Industries (NASDAQ: WOR).
- Mandarinfish Holding Corp., an entity backed by multiple family office sponsors, in its acquisition of Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) from Providence Equity Partners. View a Wall Street Journal article for more information (subscription may be required).
- Heritage Village Water Company in its merger with Connecticut Water Service, one of New England’s largest water companies (NASDAQ: CTWS), in a stock-for-stock exchange.
- The Tranzonic Companies (“Tranzonic”), a portfolio company of Silver Oak Services Partners, in its acquisition of Adenna, LLC, a leading supplier of hand protection and related healthcare products to customers operating across an array of end markets in the U.S. and internationally.
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its recapitalization, in partnership with company management, of Legacy Farms, a leading fresh vegetable and fruit grower, shipper, and wholesaler to grocers and foodservice providers in the Western United States.
- Nautic Partners in its recapitalization, in partnership with company management, of ExactCare Pharmacy, a leading pharmacy focused on improving medication adherence for patients with chronic conditions on multiple medications.
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of National Distribution & Contracting, Inc. (NDC), a leading healthcare supply chain company and distributor of consumable medical supplies, to private equity firm Court Square Capital Partners.
- Medical Assistant II, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Cambridge, Mass. (2009-2012)
- Residential Teacher and Case Manager, Direct Care II, The May Institute, Brockton, Mass. (2007-2008)
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.