Rob Evans has extensive experience advising companies and investment banks on complex transactions, public and private offerings of securities.
Formerly a partner at a prominent New York-based multinational law firm for more than two decades in the firm’s capital markets practice, Rob most recently served as Chief of the Office of International Corporate Finance in the SEC's Division of Corporation Finance.
Rob’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law, including corporate law:
- Advising on complex transactions, including interpretation of SEC rules and rulemaking, corporate law and board of directors duties
- Offerings of equity, convertible securities and high yield debt securities
- Development of new corporate finance products
- Investment grade debt offerings as designated underwriters’ counsel
- SEC and general corporate advice
A frequent speaker and writer on securities law, compliance and legal ethics, Rob is a member of the American Law Institute and the American Bar Association. He also serves on the Advisory Board of the Johns Hopkins Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America for Securities / Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation (2020)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Law Institute
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- Editor, Ethics Corner Column, Business Law Today (2013-2017)
- Redemption Provisions in Investment Grade Corporate Debt Securities, Practising Law Institute, September 2014
- Reducing the burden of disclosure for public biotech companies (with Mark Kessel) – Nature Biotechnology 32, 419-420, May 8, 2014
- Navigating the On-Ramp and Beyond: Emerging Growth Companies Under the JOBS Act – Insights – The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor, Vol 26, June 2012
- Practising Law Institute – regular panelist on Securities Regulation (2-3 times per year typically)
- Practising Law Institute and New York State Bar Association seminars on Legal Ethics
- SIFMA Annual Compliance and Legal Seminar – Panelist on Compliance Issues in Investment Banking
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section – Annual Meeting September 2015 – Current Issues Impacting Indenture Trustees – Panelist
- Working Group on Legal Opinions – Led Panel on Opinions in Securities Offerings (twice), taught at Bootcamp for Opinion Committee members