A leader in the Firm's energy, commercial and maritime litigation, creditors rights and bankruptcy groups, Philip Eisenberg represents major corporate clients focused on high profile offshore and oil and gas and energy-related matters both domestically and internationally involving all aspects of offshore matters, commercial dealings and regulatory agency work. Philip relies on his many years of experience in the offshore and energy industry at ChevronTexaco, where he served in various capacities including senior counsel.
- Counsel to several major energy company and offshore Deepwater groups for all aspects of contractual and liability matters; including first response to major offshore casualties such as Petronius, Thunderhorse and Typhoon; and joint interest matters related to the Macondo Oil Spill Incident, drafting and negotiating drilling, exploration and construction contracts; joint venture, partnership and other transaction structures; insurance and indemnity matters; and dispute resolution, including international arbitration.
- Extensive involvement in representing various creditor interests in numerous oil and gas and energy related bankruptcies and reorganizations including counsel to creditors or participation with Unsecured Creditors Committees in such matters as Panaco, TriUnion, Contour Energy, Kodiak, Cronus, Golden Oil, TDC Energy, Watson Energy, Babcock and Wilcox, Forceenergy, WRT, BT Operating, Sun Drilling, Reichmann Oil and Gas, Heritage Standard, ATP Oil and Gas, Delta Petroleum and Capco Inc.
- Extensive involvement in representing various creditor interests in marine company bankruptcies and restructurings including related to Friede Goldman Halter, Superior Offshore, Deep Marine, Torch, Inc., the Macondo Oil Spill Incident, GoodCrane Inc., MPF Inc. and ODS International Inc.
- Recent involvement in several lawsuits and disputes arising from property transactions; including the handling of preferential purchase rights, areas of mutual interest, volumetric production payments, determining responsibility for and securing funding of plugging and abandonment obligations, insurance and indemnity provisions, and production handling.
- Of Counsel, Locke Liddell Sapp LLP (2002-2003)
- Senior Counsel, ChevronTexaco (2001-2002)
- Senior Counsel, Texaco (1999-2001)
- Senior Attorney, Texaco (1993-1999)
- Attorney, Texaco (1986-1993)