John Eisel is a Partner in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital Practice Group. John is both a lawyer and CPA with more than 30 years of experience. He acts as lead counsel for several private equity companies and corporate clients and is a director on a number of boards.
- Lead counsel for MVC Capital, Inc., a NYSE-listed business development company in connection with all of its acquisitions and investments commencing in 2004. Mr. Eisel has represented MVC Capital in over 30 transactions.
- Lead securities and M&A counsel for Oak Technology, Inc. a NASDAQ-listed company; in 2002 and 2003, represented the company in connection with five acquisitions; in 2003, acted as lead counsel for the company in connection with its sale to Zoran, Inc. in a transaction valued at $378 million
- General Counsel for the Alliance for Audited Media, a not-for-profit organization that audits the circulation of most newspapers and magazines in the United States and Canada
- Lead counsel in M&A transactions for Edward Hines Lumber Co., The Revere Group, Ltd., Qwiz, Inc., The Tokarz Group, LLC., The Altschul Group, Inc. and John Boos & Company, Inc.
- Law Clerk to Justice Walter V. Schaefer, Supreme Court of Illinois (1974-1975)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Institute of Illinois Business Law
- Planning Committee, The Ray Garrett Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute
- Member, The Law Club
- Certified Public Accountant
- Recipient, Elijah Watt Sells Award, Illinois, 1971
- Recognized, Illinois Super Lawyers (2018-2019)