Cary J. Economou devotes a substantial portion of her practice serving as coverage and litigation counsel to domestic and international insurance carriers in matters pertaining to various forms of professional liability coverage, including D&O, E&O, Financial Services, Fiduciary and EPL. Cary focuses on counseling carriers on claims arising from securities class actions, FINRA disputes, derivative litigation, and employment practices related litigation in state and federal courts around the country. Her involvement can begin with monitoring litigation on behalf of insurers and participating in early settlement efforts. As needed, Cary defends such carriers when sued by insureds and/or other parties. Once litigation has commenced, Cary represents her clients through all stages of the lawsuit, including appeals. Cary also has extensive experience resolving insurance coverage disputes through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
Another aspect of Cary’s legal practice involves defending SEC and other administrative investigations and proceedings. In these matters, she has represented corporations, accounting firms and their individual auditors, and directors and officers.
Cary also provides in-house seminars and reference materials on claims, underwriting and relevant topical issues of concern to the insurance community.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, Southern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2009-2010, 2013-2015)
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- 2015 Co-Chair Dallas Zoo Kid To Do, Annual Fundraiser for Dallas Zoo
- Volunteer Tutor, Medrano Elementary School
- Host Committee Best Buddies Dallas (2014, 2015)