Printer Friendly Version
Melanie Dykas is a counsel in the Hartford office of Locke Lord LLP where she focuses her practice on consumer finance. She has represented national and regional financial institutions in foreclosure matters and in the defense of lender liability and unfair business claims as well as real estate litigation, mortgage resolution, fraud and tort related matters. Also, Melanie has represented clients in all facets of title disputes, including priority claims, reformation of mortgages, and quiet title actions. She routinely collaborates with corporate in-house counsel to develop and implement litigation, discovery, settlement and trial strategies. Melanie represents clients in mediations, arbitrations, settlement negotiations, court trials and appeals at both the state and federal levels. Additionally, she has extensive experience regarding legislative analysis and intent garnered through her years as a registered lobbyist.
- Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Staff Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Halloran & Sage, LLP, Hartford
- Lobbyist, Halloran & Sage Government Affairs, LLC, Hartford
- Associate, Shea Law Inc., West Hartford, Conn.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Leadership Greater Hartford: Quest (Class of 2015)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Section serving since 2013
- Elected to the House of Delegates, currently serving term of 2015-2018
- Serve as a Legislative Liaison and on the Legislative Policy Committee
- Named, Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2012, 2016-2018)
- Recipient, Connecticut Law Tribune “New Leaders in the Law” (2015)
- Recipient, Connecticut Bar Association YLS Chair Award (2015-2016)
- Recipient, Connecticut Bar Association YLS Public Service Award (2014- 2015)
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.