Emma Doineau is an associate in the Houston office of Locke Lord LLP where she specializes in business litigation and dispute resolution.
Emma has assisted both public and private sector entities in resolving disputes covering a myriad of topics, and has experience handling all stages of the litigation and arbitration process. She also devotes time to pro bono service, providing legal representation to underserved members of the community through the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program. Additionally, Emma is the Coordinator for the Houston office’s pro bono program.
- Represented political subdivision of the State of Texas in dispute against private corporation relating to ownership of real and personal property used in the provision of fire suppression, rescue, and emergency medical services, and obtained relief for client on summary judgment
- Represented global engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and maintenance company in pursuit of insurance and indemnity claims against subcontractor, leading to eve-of-trial settlement
- Represented prominent athletic supply retailer in dispute against international garment vendor over dueling breach of contract claims, and secured international judicial assistance to recover key evidence after which all claims were settled
- Represented insurance company in duty-to-defend coverage dispute that was resolved on behalf of client at the summary judgment phase
- Defended EPC contractor against claims relating to design, fabrication, and commissioning of natural gas processing plant in Colorado
- Represented water and environmental services provider in AAA arbitration proceedings relating to dispute over indemnification for state tax audit liability
- Defended several related entities against claims of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition based on licensed trade secret rights and proprietary processes used in the creation and sale of sulfur dioxide
- Represented EPC contractor in breach of contract dispute against owner of gas processing plant in Colorado
- Defended private school against breach of contract and fraud claims in dispute with lessor
- Defended downhole technology company against claims of fraud related to a multi-million dollar stock purchase transaction in AAA arbitration
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Recipient of the Outstanding Pro Bono Achievement award from Houston Volunteer Lawyers
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association