Nicholas Demeropolis is an associate in the Firm's Houston office. His broad-based practice includes representing clients on matters involving contract disputes, tort liability, construction litigation, premises liability, alleged statutory violations, securities litigation and internal and governmental investigations.
Nicholas has extensive experience in litigation process, including performing initial fact gathering and risk analysis; drafting and responding to pleadings, motions and discovery requests; working with expert witnesses; presenting testimony and oral arguments; negotiating settlements; and trial.
Nicholas has worked part-time as part-time in-house counsel for a major midstream natural gas and oil pipeline company, where he was responsible for managing external attorneys, communicating with various business units, and addressing pre-litigation matters. Nicholas also served as in-house counsel for a major mortgage servicer, where he was responsible for managing a team of external attorneys and coordinating the defense of lawsuits involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud, wrongful foreclosure and various statutory violations.
Representative Construction Experience
- Trial counsel for fabrication subcontractor in contract dispute involving disputed change orders in the construction of topsides modules.
- Represented general contractor in contract dispute with framing subcontractor relating to construction of multi-unit residential housing.
- Represented general contractor in contract dispute with drywall subcontractor relating to construction of multi-unit residential housing.
- Represented midstream oil and gas project owner in contract dispute involving disputed change orders.
- Represented subcontractor in contract dispute over trenching services in construction of golf practice facility.
- Represented subcontractor in contract dispute over trenching services in construction of oil and gas pipeline.
- Represented audio-visual subcontractor in contract dispute.
- Represented drilling subcontractor in contract dispute involving changed subsurface conditions.
- Represents and has represented property owners in the negotiation of construction agreements for multi-family residential developments.
Representative Tort Defense Experience
- Represents prominent retailer in negligence claims arising from a mass shooting.
- Represented prominent retailer in negligence / products liability litigation involving loading of goods.
- Represents interested parties in construction project in negligence / premises liability action involving workplace injury.
- Represented prominent retailer in premises liability dispute relating to shooting outside of the retailer’s store.
Representative Business Litigation Experience
- Represented seller of wastewater treatment company in trial regarding claims of alleged breaches of representations and warranties in purchase and sale agreement.
- Represented leading provider of oil and gas equipment and components in trade secret litigation.
- Represented multiple mortgage servicing companies through the State of Texas in cases alleging improper mortgage servicing practices.
- Defense of lenders in claims alleging usury, violations of state and federal lending laws, and deceptive trade practices
- Richter v. Nationstar Mortgage, LLC, Civil Action No. H-17-2021, 2017 WL 4155477 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 19, 2017).
- Cosmopolitan Condo. Owners Ass’n v. Class A Investors Post Oak, LP, 2017 WL 1520448 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] April 27, 2017).
- Johnson v. Nationstar Mortgage, LLC, Civil Action No. 4:15-CV-2083, 2017 WL 1196214 (S.D. Tex. Mar. 31, 2017).
- Johnson v. Aurora Loan Services, LLC, Civil Action No. H-15-755, 2015 WL 5009228 (S.D. Tex. Aug. 21, 2015).
- Sigaran v. U.S. Bank National Association, 560 Fed. Appx. 410, 2014 WL 1688345 (5th Cir. 2014).
- Shaver v. Barrett Daffin Frappier Turner & Engel, L.L.P., 593 Fed. Appx. 265, 2014 WL 5654315 (5th Cir. 2014).
- Turner v. Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Civil Action No. H-13-808, 2014 WL 3535343 (S.D. Tex. 2014).
- Davis v. Silver State Financial Services, Civil Action No. H-13-1432, 2014 WL 713235 (S.D. Tex. 2014).
- Sigaran v. U.S. Bank National Association, Civil Action No. H-12-3588, 2013 WL 2368336 (S.D. Tex. 2013).
- Auriti v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Civil Action No. 3:12-CV-334, 2013 WL 2417832 (S.D. Tex. 2013).
- Prutzman v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Civil Action No. H-12-3565, 2013 WL 4063309 (S.D. Tex. 2013).
- AcceleProperties, Inc. v. Litton Loan Servicing, LP, Civil Action No. 4:11-CV-3141, 2012 WL 2958264 (S.D. Tex. 2012).
- Nolasco v. CitiMortgage, Inc., Civil Action No. H-12-1875, 2012 WL 3648414 (S.D. Tex. 2012).