Victoria has a diverse practice which includes project development and financing, commercial real estate and distressed assets. Her clients include publically traded and privately held U.S. companies and financial institutions, German, Swiss and British companies, as well as domestic and foreign multinational companies.
Victoria’s lending experience includes bond financing, securitized finance, syndicated loans, mezzanine financing, and all types of secured lending, including loans secured by offshore oil and gas collateral. Victoria has developed an expertise in the niche area of art lending and works with financial institutions to structure loans secured by fine art collateral. Victoria recently partnered with the British auction house, Christie’s, to present a webinar on lending issues in art law.
On the project development side, Victoria has substantial experience in greenfield investments, joint ventures to develop midstream assets, biomass projects, affordable housing, senior housing, telecommunication, energy and hospitality and she represents providers in these sectors in transactions across the United States.
Finally, her practice includes loan workouts, insolvency and financial restructuring in the grocery, transportation, energy and gambling sectors, as well as restructuring tax credit transactions for investors.
In addition to her law practice, Victoria serves as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Board of Directors and is the liaison to the Firm’s London office.
- Represented LIHTC investors in connection with their disposition of affordable housing assets before and after the expiration of year 15 across the United States
- Represented energy infrastructure company in connection with construction, development and purchase of terminaling facilities for storage and handling of energy products and bulk materials across the United States
- Represented privately held German company in connection with construction and tax exempt and taxable bond financing of wood pellet manufacturing plants and storage facilities in Texas, Louisinaa and Georgia
- Represented multinational commodity trading company in connection with development of methanol plant in Louisiana
- Represented British energy company in connection with various acquisitions and investments in the Gulf of Mexico
- Represented Chinese investor in connection with development of a tire manufacturing facility in North Carolina
- Represented multinational energy company in connection with investment in joint venture with trucking and service station company involving 100+ truck stop and refueling locations across the United States
- Represented syndicated bank group in connection with financing for construction of multi-use facility in Alabama
- Represented French multinational investment bank in connection with bond issuance for construction and refurbishment of naval housing facilities in Louisiana and Texas
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Elected Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers ("ACREL")
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property and Probate Law Section and Past Chair of Senior Housing Committee
- Listed, Who’s Who Legal Real Estate (2008-2018)
- Named to Louisiana Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine (2007-2019)
- Named to Women of Influence by Best Lawyers (2017)
- Named, Top Lawyer in New Orleans, Real Estate Section, New Orleans Magazine (2009, 2010)
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2009-2019)
- Member, World Trade Center of New Orleans