Joanne Davis is a Partner in the London office of Locke Lord LLP and Head of the Firm's Asset, Leasing & Consumer Finance division in the UK. She is also a member of the Financial Services Litigation practice group in the banking and finance department, working closely with the litigation department.
Jo deals with a wide range of matters from consumer credit advisory, transactional matters, through to financial services regulation and compliance to include compliance with the FCA handbook and Consumer Credit Sourcebook implementation. She also assists clients and advises on contentious matters such as asset and motor finance asset recoveries, finance litigation and dispute resolution.
Jo advises business on new products launches and offers general regulatory advisory services to include setting up UK business that are new to regulation and financial services in the UK to include advise on corporate governance, approved persons and the senior managers regime. She has worked with a number of well-known finance providers in the automotive, asset and consumer finance and leasing industries as well as banks.
Jo's experience is vast and is regularly mentioned in the key legal directories, such as The Legal 500 and Chambers UK. Most recently in Chambers UK, a client noted, "She is an open, collaborative partner with a clear desire to provide robust advice and outcomes, and who has a deep knowledge of consumer credit."
Locke Lord's UK Asset Finance & Leasing division, led by Jo, was named the 'Top Asset Finance Team of the Year' by Leasing World at its October 2017 Leasing World Awards.
Jo has led her previous team to win many awards including the 'Leasing Law Firm of the Year' Award (2012 and 2013) and Leasing Life 'Asset Finance Firm of the Year' (Highly Commended) (2013). She also won, personally, Leasing World’s 'Leasing Personality of the Year' Award (2014) and Leasing World's 'Leasing Contribution of the Year' Award (2016).
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Head of Legal, Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited (2015)
- Partner, Asset and Consumer Finance, DWF LLP (2011-2015)
- Head of Asset Finance and Regulatory, Shoosmiths (2008-2011)
- Partner, Credit and Asset Finance, BPE Solicitors (2002-2008)
- Legal Executive, Lender Services, Clarke Wilmott (2000-2001)
- Litigation Manager, RoyScot Trust plc (subsidiary of RBS) (1994-2000)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (1993)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Associate Member, The Finance and Leasing Association
- Founding Fellow and Board Member, The Leasing Foundation
- Member, Women in Leasing
- Regular contributor to Leasing World, Broker World and Leasing Life Journals
- Counsel Member, Consumer Credit Trade Association
- Member of team that received Professional Services Firm of the Year Award from International Asset Finance Network (2019)
- Won Leasing World 'Top Asset Finance Team of the Year' Award (2017)
- Recognized, The Leasing Life Power 50 (2016 & 2017)
- Recipient, Leasing World 'Leasing Contribution of the Year' Award (2016)
- Won Leasing World 'Leasing Personality of the Year' Award (2014)
- Recognized, Consumer Finance, Chambers UK
- Recognized, Dispute Resolution - Banking Litigation, Investment and Retail, The Legal 500