Printer Friendly Version
Baker Coon is an associate in the Firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital practice group. He has participated on deal teams and advised clients on a range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, joint ventures and other strategic relationships. Baker has additional experience navigating corporate governance matters, employment and incentive equity arrangements, and intellectual property protection.
His experience includes assisting in the representation of:
- Starwood Energy Group Global, Inc., a leader in private energy infrastructure investments based in Connecticut, as special local counsel in its acquisition of the Manchester Street Power Station from Dominion Generation, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE: D), as part of a larger purchase of two of Dominion’s combined-cycle gas turbine plants for approximately $1.23 billion
- ActiveCare Inc., and its wholly-owned subsidiary, 4G Biometrics, LLC, in the sale of substantially all of its assets under Sections 105, 363 and 365 of the United States Bankruptcy Code, to Telcare Medical Supply, LLC, a subsidiary of Biotelemetry, Inc. (NASDAQ: BEAT), a leading developer of mobile and wireless medical monitoring devices, for up to an amount exceeding $10 million of total consideration
- Juvenescence Limited, a leading drug development company, focused on the development of therapies to increase human longevity
- In its purchase of 14.4 million shares of AgeX Therapeutics, Inc. for $43.2 million, from its affiliate, BioTime, Inc. (NYSE American: BTX). AgeX is focused on developing novel therapeutics for age-related degenerative disease
- In a $10 million equity financing of its latest joint venture project, FoxBio Inc. Juvenescence’s partner in the joint venture, Antoxerene Inc. (a portfolio company of Ichor Therapeutics, Inc.), is a small molecule developer, focused on targeting aging cells
- Nautic Partners and its portfolio company Healthcare Payment Specialists (HPS), a leader in helping healthcare providers optimize Medicare reimbursement, in the sale of HPS to TransUnion Healthcare Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of TransUnion (NYSE: TRU)
- Vendome Medquest, LLC, a subsidiary of Vendome Group, LLC, in its sale of ENT Journal to Sage Publications, Inc.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named to Rhode Island Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions (2017-2018)
- Member, Washington, D.C. Bar Association - Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association - Business Organizations Committee Member
- Social Enterprise Greenhouse, "Best for Rhode Island" Committee Member; 2018 Seminar "Business Formation and Entity Choice" presenter; 2016 SEEED Summit Business Coach
- Providence Foundation, Incorporator
- Providence Athenaeum, The Contemporaries Group
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.