Taylor Brinkman is an associate in Locke Lord’s Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice group. While the majority of Taylor’s practice involves representing banks, insurance companies and educational institutions, that experience is built on a broad civil litigation background that makes Taylor capable of handling almost any type of case.
Taylor views himself not only as litigator for his clients, but also a business partner. Consequently, he not only advises clients on how to avoid litigation but also helps them assess and value claims early, so they can make informed decisions about the costs and benefits of aggressively pursuing litigation. When litigation arises, however, Taylor is proficient in all stages of the process. He has prepared key client personnel for deposition, researched and drafted case-dispositive motions and appellate briefs, negotiated settlements, advised clients on their obligations in responding to subpoenas in civil and criminal investigations, and advised clients' governing bodies on ethics issues. He has also tried two federal jury trials.
Prior to joining Locke Lord, Taylor served as an elbow law clerk for the Honorable John McBryde of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. He managed half of Judge McBryde’s civil caseload, researched and drafted judicial opinions, and assisted Judge McBryde in presiding over three civil trials and numerous hearings. As a result, Taylor is very knowledgeable in federal procedure and evidence and can provide insight into what drives judges’ decision-making.
Outside the office, Taylor is an accomplished endurance athlete. He is a Boston Marathon qualifier and finisher, 5-time Ironman 70.3 finisher, and Ironman 70.3 All World Athlete.
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Law Clerk to the Honorable John H. McBryde of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2009-2011)
- The Inclusive Communities Project, Inc. v. Lincoln Property Co., 920 F.3d 890 (5th Cir. 2019)
- Hux v. Southern Methodist University, 819 F.3d 776 (5th Cir. 2016)
- Cowart v. Erwin, 837 F.3d 444 (5th Cir. 2016)
- J. Edwards Jewelry Distributing LLC v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 2019 WL 2329248 (N.D. Cal. May 31, 2019)
- Couch v. Wilco Life Ins. Co., 363 F. Supp. 3d 886 (S.D. Ind. 2019)
- Hancock v. Americo Financial Life & Annuity Ins. Co., --- F.Supp.3d ----, 2019 WL 1429225 (E.D.N.C. 2019)
- Reyes v. North Texas Tollway Authority, 186 F. Supp. 3d 621 (N.D. Tex. 2016)
- Pylant v. Southern Methodist Univ., 2015 WL 12753659 (N.D. Tex. Jan. 22, 2015)
- Cox v. Allin Corporation Plan, 2013 WL 1832647 (N.D. Cal. May 1, 2013)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Associate Member, Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2016)
- Public Policy Committee, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (2014)