As an associate in Locke Lord’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group, Heidi Brady has substantial experience representing clients within the insurance, reinsurance, and health care industries. She concentrates her practice on complex litigation, arbitration, and health care regulation and litigation, including matters involving breach of commercial or government contracts, business torts, trade secret and unfair competition claims, insurance insolvency litigation, insolvency issues, and state guaranty funds.
Heidi helps clients with all aspects of the litigation or arbitration process, including initial case evaluation and risk assessment, discovery, pleadings and motions, hearings, pre-trial, trial, post-trial, and appeals. In addition, Heidi represents clients on matters before state insurance departments, including provider appeals, guaranty fund surcharge disputes, and approval of major health care insurance acquisitions.
Heidi is a member of the firm’s Diversity Committee and LGBTQ Affinity Group. Since law school, Heidi has maintained an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in a variety of civil proceedings.
Heidi graduated first in her class from the University of Illinois College of Law, earning Rickert Awards (the College of Law’s most prestigious awards) for academic achievement and legal writing, as well as CALI Awards (highest grade) in eleven classes. While at Illinois, Heidi was an editor on the Illinois Law Review, member of the Civil Litigation Clinic, research assistant, and teaching assistant for multiple classes.
Before law school, Heidi worked on political campaigns and as a congressional staff member for representatives of Missouri’s 8th Congressional District. Prior to joining the firm, she was a law clerk for The Honorable E. Grady Jolly of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Law Clerk, The Honorable E. Grady Jolly, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Jackson, Miss., 2016–2017
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Colin S. Bruce, U.S. District Corut for the Central District of Illinois, Urbana, Ill., Fall 2014
- Intern, U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General Corps, Defense Service Office North, Naval Station Great Lakes, Ill., Summer 2014
- Constituent Services Specialist, U.S. Congress: U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, U.S. Rep. Jason Smith, Farmington, Mo., January 2011–July 2013
- Regional Campaign Coordinator/Office Director, U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, Mo. Sen. Gary Romine, Mo. Rep. Kevin Engler, Farmington & Ste. Genevieve, Mo., May–August 2012
- Campaign Field Staff/Office Director, U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, Farmington, Mo., June–December 2010