Davin Boldissar is a member of the Firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Insolvency practice.
Davin has broad-based experience in complex transactions, contracts and commercial leases, regulatory enforcement and permitting, corporate governance and restructuring, and litigation and bankruptcy. In addition, Davin is an active pro bono practitioner and has extensive experience working with nonprofits and individual clients on a wide range of matters.
- On behalf of a Chapter 11 debtor in possession, granted emergency relief requiring performance under international offtake contract for industrial wood pellets (480,000 metric tons/yr); See In re Louisiana Pellets, Inc., Case No. 16-80162, 2016 WL 4011318 (Bankr. W.D. La. July 22, 2016)
- On behalf of a Chapter 11 post confirmation trust, satisfied 84% of total claims, through officer and director liability action, asset sales, and claim resolution
- Represented seller of three separate manufacturing facilities for consideration in excess of $100 million
- Represented purchaser of bank-owned real estate and loan portfolio (>300 properties)
- Financing transactions including $84 million loan to rebuild storage facility after casualty events, and $22 million loan to restart operations at shuttered manufacturing plant
- Negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, offtake and tolling agreements, procurement and supply, service, and vendor agreements, EPC, construction and engineering services agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements, commercial leases, real estate and development agreements, and employment and consulting services agreements
- Settlement of a work stoppage (forced by a port authority) for project to rebuild a 68,000 metric ton storage facility
- Reduction of $10,000/day administrative penalty from 257 days to 12 days based on force majeure
- Resolved more than 50 commercial and bankruptcy-related lawsuits and disputes since 2009
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Judicial Law Clerk, Chief Justice Dana Fabe, Alaska Supreme Court (2000 - 2001)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Board Member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Louisiana (2006 - 2014) and Vice Chair (2011)
- Recognized, Board Member of the Year for Louisiana Boys & Girls Clubs (2007)