Jonathan F. Bank's practice focuses on reinsurance/insurance dispute resolution, insurance company restructuring and regulatory related matters (credit for reinsurance/collateral) for both the domestic and foreign/alien as well as captive insurance markets. He is well versed in matters involving reinsurance cut-through endorsements in both rehabilitations and liquidations, and he is actively involved in the run-off industry, and most recently lead a firm team in licensing ProTucket Insurance Co. in Rhode Island under the State’s Insurance Business Transfer Act (Reg.68). He was previously the Senior Vice President of Tawa Associates Ltd., as well as General Counsel of CX Reinsurance Company. Prior to being one of the founding partners of Tawa, Jonathan was the insurance practice leader of PricewaterhouseCoopers' US insurance/reinsurance regulatory and restructuring practice.
Jonathan has spoken at numerous industry conferences/seminars sponsored by, among others, the Reinsurance Association of America, the Professional Insurance Agents of California and Nevada, the Guernsey Captive Forum, the Independent Reinsurance Underwriters Association, the Excess/Surplus Lines Claims Association, the Environmental Claim Managers Association, Hawksmere/PwC, ARIAS, AIRROC and IAIR Conferences, and organized and chaired the first Mealey's Reinsurance Roundtable, the first Mealey's Run Off Conference, and the first Mealey's Corporate Counsel Seminar. He also has been a speaker at various American Bar Association National Institutes. Jonathan is an ARIAS certified arbitrator, and frequently acts as an umpire or arbitrator in insurance/reinsurance disputes.
Jonathan has been consistently named a Southern California Super Lawyer, as well as again recognized in Chambers USA Client's Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business, and again selected by Best Lawyers/Los Angeles/Insurance for 2020. He has also been named to The International Who’s Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers 2017 list.
- Of Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Senior Vice President, Tawa Associates Ltd.
- General Counsel, CX Reinsurance Company
- Insurance Practice Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers' US Insurance/Reinsurance Regulatory and Restructuring Practice
- Partner, Chadbourne & Parke
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, Insurance Disputes Adviser of the Year by Finance Monthly (2017)
- Listed, Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance (2017)
- Listed, The International Who's Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers (2012)
- Named, Southern California Super Lawyer (2009-2020)
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law
- Named to Top Attorneys in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine (2012)
- Recognized for Insurance in Chambers USA: Client's Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Member, AIRROC
- Member, American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Sections
- Charter Member, International Association of Insurance Counsel (AIDA)
- Member, International Association of Insurance Receivers
- Vice Chair, Public Regulation of Insurance Law Committee
- Member, Society of Financial Examiners
- Member, The Federation of Regulatory Counsel
- Former Member, Board of Directors, PXRE Reinsurance Company
- Member, Board of Directors, Pro IS, Inc.
- Past President, Los Angeles Conference of Insurance Counsel
- Former Member of Advisory Committee on Reinsurance, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- Former Member, NAIC Rehabilitators and Liquidators Task Force
- Former Member, Board of Directors and Compensation Committee Chair, Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Security Capital Assurance, Ltd.
- "AV® Preeeminent™" Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell