Reem Ayad is an Associate in the London office of Locke Lord LLP and a member of the business litigation and dispute resolution practice.
Reem acts for governments, companies and individuals on complex international commercial disputes. She has represented the Iraqi government and various Iraqi Ministries for several years and frequently advises private companies and high net worth individuals in cases involving civil fraud and asset tracing.
Reem's practice spans a variety of industries and sectors including aviation, oil and gas, construction and financial services. She previously spent four years in-house at the London Fine Dining Group and the London and Henley Group of Companies.
- Acting for the Government of Iraq as lead associate in high profile international dispute and subsequent US$500 million settlement
- Representing a large oil and gas company in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court in a corporate dispute between shareholders
- Acting for a national airline carrier in forfeiture proceedings
- Acting for entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals in Commercial Court proceedings and advising in respect of settlement in respect of an action in fraud and breach of contract
- Acting for a group of individuals in respect of trademark infringement proceedings against a prestigious English university and negotiating favourable terms of license agreement for the client
- Acting for governments, companies and individuals in various proceedings concerning civil fraud and asset tracing
- Advising a partnership in respect of complex rectification proceedings concerning a high value trust in the Caymanian Courts
- Associate, Rochman Landau
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (2011)
- Trainee Solicitor, London Fine Dining Group