Claire Armstrong is an associate in the Houston office of Locke Lord where she focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Claire has represented clients on matters involving contract disputes, inverse condemnation, tort liability, royalty disputes, environmental regulation, probate litigation, fiduciary relations issues, and energy litigation.
Claire also has experience advising a variety of businesses and clients throughout the litigation process, including pre-suit matters, managing the discovery process, drafting and responding to pleadings and written discovery, motion practice, and post-suit appeal matters.
- Assisted in bringing a declaratory judgment action on behalf of a midstream company for disputes related to a lease connection agreement
- Assisted in representation of a landowner in a real estate lease dispute, obtaining summary judgment for the landowner
- Assisted in representation of prominent retail corporation against a hotel chain, obtaining summary judgment for the retail corporation
- Obtained award of attorneys’ fees for a declaratory relief claim brought in high-profile probate litigation
- Represents homeowners in claims for Unconstitutional Takings of real property against federal and state entities
- Assists in representing real estate investment trust for disputes related to a pipeline lease
- Assisted in representation of academic institutions in claim for underpayment pursuant to a patent licensing agreement
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Board Member, Houston Crime Stoppers Young Professionals