Keith Andruschak has more than 25 years of experience advising clients on complex transactions involving the insurance industry, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of insurers and reinsurers, joint ventures, life insurance reserve financing transactions, and insurance and other risk-linked securities.
He also advises clients in connection with unique insurance and annuity product design, alternative risk transfer arrangements and derivatives. His clients have included domestic and international life and property/casualty insurers and reinsurers, investment and commercial banks, private equity investors and hedge funds.
Keith is highly knowledgeable in the areas of state insurance laws and regulations, and he is a frequent author and speaker on the topic.
- Represented sponsor life insurance companies, bond insurers, reinsurers, banks and alternative capital providers in connection with over 75 structured life reinsurance reserve financing transactions representing nearly $40 billion of released regulatory capital
- Represented a major Japanese P&C insurance company on its disposition of three major U.S. operations
- Deal counsel to a special purpose reinsurance company in connection with a first-of-its kind offering and sale of $500 million principal-at-risk catastrophe bonds for the benefit of a municipal catastrophe insurer
- Represented a major US life insurer in connection with several multi-billion dollar bids to acquire other well-known life and annuity companies
- Represented a substantial private equity fund in connection with the strategic acquisition of two insurance companies and affiliated asset managers and broker-dealers, and the follow-on acquisition by the fund’s portfolio insurance companies of COLI and BOLI administrative services businesses
- Special insurance counsel to a major US automotive manufacturer in connection with its $26 billion defined benefit pension de-risking program
- Represented a well-known international retail conglomerate and its affiliates in connection with a comprehensive offshore self-reinsurance program fronted by a leading US property casualty insurer.
- Represented several major investment banks, including their Bermuda and Lloyd’s affiliates in connection with catastrophe insurance and reinsurance, industry loss warranties, long-term credit and political risk insurance and insurance-linked securities.
- Represented the New York Insurance Department in connection with its review and approval of the mutual to stock conversions of Phoenix Home Life Mutual, Principal Mutual Holding Company and Provident Mutual.
- Represented private equity funds in connection with over $1.5 billion PIPE financing transactions, including private placements and registered direct offerings.
- Designed a unique collateralized insurance/swap hybrid to hedge mortality risk on defined portfolios of secondary market annuities.