Paolo Andreottola is a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property, and Trademark, Copyright and Advertising practice groups. Paolo's practice focuses on a wide range of trademark matters in the UK, European Union and worldwide. He advises clients on various aspects relating to brand protection and trademark enforcement, including brand clearance (i.e. pre-filing searches), trademark filing programs, trademark disputes and settlement agreements. Paolo has particular experience in opposition proceedings before the European Union and United Kingdom trademark registries as well as in the prosecution of trademark portfolios worldwide.
Paolo advises high-profile UK and multinational companies and his clients include an American multinational technology company.
Prior to relocating to London, Paolo worked for a number of years in the trademark department of a leading Italian IP firm.
- Advising major international corporations on trademark enforcement, trademark prosecution and brand protection in the United Kingdom, European Union and internationally
- Drafting submissions in trademark opposition, revocation and invalidation proceedings before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UK-IPO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- Negotiating numerous settlements of trademark disputes worldwide
- Advising clients to obtain trademark registrations in various foreign countries through the prosecution of their trademark portfolios
- Rendering opinions regarding trademark registrability, brand clearance, trademark filing programs and brand exploitation
- Advising clients with respect to domain names, design rights and copyright issues
- Senior Counsel, Locke Lord (UK) LLP
- Associate, Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (2010)
- Avvocato, Milan, Italy
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, MARQUES European Union Trade Mark Law and Practice Team
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)