Kara Adams serves as bond counsel to cities, towns, school districts and political subdivisions throughout New England and as underwriters counsel to national and regional investment banks in connection with the issuance of taxable and tax-exempt bond and note offerings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kara was a member of the public finance practice group at Ropes & Gray LLP.
- Acted as bond counsel to numerous cities, towns, school districts and other political subdivisions in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island in connection with the issuance of competitively sold, negotiated and privately placed bond anticipation notes and bonds
- Guided municipalities issuing debt to the Massachusetts Clean Water Trust (formerly the Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement Trust), the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority, the New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank and the Maine Municipal Bond Bank
- Represented cities and towns in the first round of loans under the Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank's Efficient Buildings Fund Program
- Advised municipalities in connection with the Securities and Exchange Commission's Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation (MCDC) Initiative
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Municipal Lawyers Association
- Member, International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Directors of the Andover School of Montessori