Kimberly Williams is speaking at the National Association of College & University Attorneys (NACUA) CLE Workshop, The Ever-Evolving Field of Higher Education Discrimination Law: What You Need to Know Now. This year's workshop is taking place April 3-5, 2019 in Seattle. She is a panelist for the following session, "Counsel's Involvement in Ongoing Discrimination Matters."
The session will cover the following:
- Identifying and managing conflicts (or the appearance of a conflict) and protecting privilege
- Working effectively with external counsel and investigators within the bounds of ethics and privilege
- Managing relationships and communications with community members who are identified as potential witnesses (by your institution, opposing party, or investigating agency)
- Avoiding becoming a fact witness (or making the choice to testify)
- Managing discrimination matters in different fora – internal and/or external investigations and/or litigation
For more information, please click here.