Please join the China General Chamber of Commerce, Houston (CGCCH), the Greater Houston Partnership (GHP), and the Chinese Association of Professionals in Science and Technology (CAPST) for a seminar providing insight into some of the issues facing Chinese companies wanting to do business in the United States or having business dealings with U.S. companies. This will include a discussion of acquiring interests in U.S. markets and companies, regulatory restrictions on exports from the United States, international litigation, and criminal pitfalls companies should be aware of when engaging in international business.
Topics of Discussion Presented by the Partners of Locke Lord LLP
(Chinese interpretation will be provided)
- Buying America – What and How Chinese Companies Are Buying in the U.S. (Charles Wu)
- Export and Sanctions Regulations – What Chinese and U.S. Companies Need to Know (Berne Kluber)
- International Law Suit – How to Overcome China Bias (Greg Burch and Stacy Williams)
- The Long Arm of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (Charley Davidson and Tim Johnson)
- Registration & Networking: 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Opening Remarks and Introductions: 9:30 a.m.
- Presentations: 9:45 a.m. - 12: 00 p.m.
- Lunch and Networking: 12:00 p.m.
- Individual Case Consultations: 12:00 - 12:15 p.m.
For questions, please contact Sandy Zeutschel at email@example.com or 713-226-1268.