Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP is co-sponsoring "Strategies for Success in a Weak Economy: A Program for Entrepreneurs and Emerging Businesses" on May 5, 2010.
The weak economy has made it difficult for many businesses. For some, it’s a matter of trying to maintain the bottom line. For others, particularly start-ups and emerging businesses, it’s a matter of survival. The manner in which a business reacts to the pressures of the challenging economy can have long-term implications – cut too many corners and the business could suffer irreparable harm.
Our panel of entrepreneurs and experts will discuss the effects of the current economic climate on new and emerging businesses and suggestions to achieve success.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Strategies for managing the costs of growth
- Using social networking and public relations campaigns as cost-effective marketing tools
- Challenges and opportunities in raising capital
- Benefits and pitfalls in working with independent contractors
- Advantages and disadvantages of equity-based compensation
- The benefits of locating in a well-known business incubator
Highlights include the personal experiences of the founders of successful local start-ups Kogi and Yogurtland – and of course, the complimentary dinner catered by Kogi!
RSVP today to Ingrid Goodman
Click here to view the event brochure.