Notice to Search Firms/Placement Agencies:
We value your input and assistance during our hiring process. Locke Lord LLP does not accept unsolicited applications from search firms or placement agencies. See below for information about specific candidates. We will only accept candidate submissions from search firms with whom we have a current search/fee agreement on file. If your firm/agency does not have an agreement with us (or if you are unsure whether a current agreement exists), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ascertain agreement status.
Associate, Patent Agent and Staff Counsel Candidates:
Search firms may only submit candidates for open positions that are posted on the Lateral Job Opportunities section of our Web site (unless the position announcement specifically notes an exclusion). If you have a strong candidate whose experience and interests do not match an available position, please send to email@example.com a brief email generically summarizing the candidate’s credentials for consideration. Applications submitted to lawyers in our firm will not be deemed valid submissions unless our Recruiting Department at firstname.lastname@example.org is also copied on such submission and/or correspondence regarding potential candidates.
We will only accept partner candidate submissions from search firms with whom we have a current search/fee agreement on file. If your firm/agency does not have an agreement with us (or if you are unsure whether a current agreement exists), please contact us at email@example.com to ascertain agreement status.
If you have any questions concerning our placement policies or wish to discuss a potential working relationship with the firm, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DALLAS - CORPORATE ASSOCIATE
We are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate position with our Corporate Department, to be based in our Dallas office. This person would be part of our Corporate Practice Group. Our ideal candidate is a third-fourth year associate who has experience second-chairing acquisitions/divestitures, some oil & gas experience, experience dealing directly with clients on a regular basis, some first- chair experience on smaller transactions, and some securities experience. The candidate must be admitted to the bar in Texas and have excellent academic credentials.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Draft necessary agreements and documents with efficiency and clarity;
- Manage projects from commencement to closing;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage junior associates and others;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Texas oil and gas law.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas.
Please note that we are accepting resumes from recruiters for this position.
Direct apply candidates: If you are interested in applying for this position, email your application materials to email@example.com and note “Corporate Associate – Dallas” in the subject line.