Locke Lord's skilled team of labor and employment lawyers has the experience to handle any labor and employment issue on a national or local basis from defending against wage and hour and discrimination class action claims to counteracting union organizing efforts. Over the years, we have defended our clients in jury and non-jury trials and administrative hearings, as well as provided daily advice and counseling services to prevent, resolve and avoid labor and employment issues without litigation.
Employment law disputes often pit individual concerns against company viability. Locke Lord's employment lawyers know how to resolve employment disputes, minimize the risk of litigation and defend cases at trial. While our longstanding philosophy is to help our clients avoid lawsuits, we stand ready to litigate issues when necessary.
Our team understands the complexities of labor and employment law. We counsel employers daily on issues involving hiring, disciplining and terminating employees, managing layoffs, conducting investigations, and drafting and implementing workplace policies and procedures for the modern workforce.
Our lawyers ensure compliance with evolving labor and employment laws, and our client-customized approach seeks the best possible resolution for each client's unique set of circumstances. Our ongoing training and consulting programs help ensure clients meet the provisions of a host of regulatory requirements, allowing clients to focus on running their businesses - not on costly government investigations. We have extensive experience with U.S. laws and regulations including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- National Labor Relations Act
- Labor Management Relations Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act
- Executive Order 11246 and other laws requiring affirmative action
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other whistleblower laws
- Local employment laws in all 50 states