Click here for pdf
February 27, 2012 - Locke Lord elected five new members to its expanded 15-member Board of Directors. Newly elected members include London Partner Paula Howard, chosen to the new board position that was recently created to include international representation within Locke Lord’s leadership and to reflect the importance of its growing presence in London and the UK. Also elected to the Board are Partners Paul Nason of Dallas; Hanna Norvell and Mitch Tiras of Houston; and Steve Whitmer of Chicago.
Re-elected to the Board are Chicago Office Managing Partner Jennifer Kenedy and Partner Chris Hart of Washington, D.C. Returning to the Board are the following Partners: Art Anthony and Elizabeth Mack of Dallas; Jon Biasetti of Chicago; Brent Benoit of Houston; Al Clark of Los Angeles; Greg Casamento of New York; Victoria de Lisle of New Orleans; and Cynthia Bast of Austin.
The Board of Directors sets the tone for the Firm and ensures that it adheres to its strategic goals and Mission Statement. The Board reports to Firm Chair Jerry Clements and the Executive Committee.
The five new members of Locke Lord’s 2012 Board represent a good mix of the Firm’s 13 offices around the globe. New Board Members include:
- Paula Howard, London, focuses on banking and finance, advising on a variety of cross-border financings and equity investments. She also is a leading lawyer in consumer credit and asset finance law with considerable experience in data protection and privacy law. Howard’s clients include several well-known finance houses, banks and leading international financial institutions.
- Paul Nason, Dallas, has practiced exclusively in the area of employment and labor law for almost 20 years. He represents employers before various government agencies and in state and federal court litigation involving employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, breach-of-contract, employment torts and unfair competition. He also assists employers with labor and employment matters arising from mergers and acquisitions, as well as in the negotiation and preparation of executive employment agreements and separation agreements. He leads the Labor and Employment practice in the Firm’s Dallas office and chairs the Firm’s Training Compliance Committee.
- Hanna Norvell, Houston, is board certified in Labor and Employment law and has more than 15 years’ experience defending and counseling employers in all types of matters related to employment decisions or allegations made by employees. She co-chairs the firm’s Women’s Initiative Committee and serves on its Alternative Fee Arrangement Committee as well as the Houston office’s Hiring and Diversity committees.
- Mitch Tiras, Houston, practices tax and corporate law, including the organization, structuring and capitalization of limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations for public and private entities, from both a transactional and tax perspective. He also has extensive experience in the structuring, organization and capitalization of private equity funds on behalf of sponsors and investors. He is the head of the Business Tax Section for the Firm.
- Steve Whitmer, Chicago, focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters. He litigates disputes in state and federal courts concerning breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and violations of restrictive covenants. His experience includes insurance industry disputes in which he represents national insurance companies and state insurance guaranty funds.
Locke Lord LLP consistently ranks among American Lawyer’s top 100 U.S. law firms. The Firm’s full range of practice and industry areas serve national and international clients from offices in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York, Sacramento, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. It has an excellent reputation in complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work, with its 650-plus lawyers building collaborative relationships and crafting creative solutions – all designed and executed to meet clients’ long-term strategic goals.