At Locke Lord, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of our strategic plan for success. In order to have a healthy, successful workplace and provide clients with the highest quality representation, our attorneys and staff must be free to be themselves. To that end, the environment must not only be free of all forms of discrimination, but also celebrate the broadest possible spectrum of viewpoints, perspectives and backgrounds.
We celebrate individuality and promote discussion of diversity. We support organizations that share our commitment to diversity with our time and our funds. Our diversity is broad-based and stems from varying ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, languages, nationalities and religions. All of these factors aid us as we strive for a workplace where attorneys can thrive as legal practitioners.
The Firm has looked inward at any barriers to the retention of women, minority and LGBT attorneys. In conjunction with this process, we have participated in training and engaged in honest discourse regarding these issues. The Firm continues its strong commitment to diversifying its ranks in order to operate a superior law firm and striving to be reflective of the communities in which we live and work.
Recognition of Locke Lord's Involvement
- In 2012 and 2013, Locke Lord received Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for its efforts to integrate women lawyers into the highest levels of Firm leadership. In 2013, we were one of just 42 firms to receive the WILEF honor.
- Our Chicago Office received the 2012 Diversity Partnership Award from the Just The Beginning Foundation for our pro bono work with this nonprofit organization, which is dedicated to developing and nurturing interest in the law profession among young people from diverse socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The long-term goal of JTBF is to increase racial diversity in the legal profession and on the bench.
- Locke Lord was awarded the Corporate Achievement DiversityFIRST Award from the Texas Diversity Council in June 2010, the only law firm to receive such honor.
- The Firm was selected in 2011 as one of the “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” by MultiCultural Law Magazine.
- Jennifer Kenedy, Managing Partner of the Firm's Chicago office, was the 2012 recipient of the Esther Rothstein Award from the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois in recognition of her leadership and her efforts to empower women in the legal field and beyond. Ms. Kenedy also was selected as one of the "Most Powerful and Influential Women of Illinois" by the National Diversity Council in March 2011.
- Jerry Clements, our Firm Chair, was honored in April 2010 as one of the “Most Powerful and Influential Women” in Texas at the Texas Diversity and Leadership Conference.
Although we are proud of our efforts and achievements thus far, we are aware that we continue to have work ahead of us. More than anything, we recognize that we cannot reach our goals without learning and listening.