The list of organizations directly supported by Locke Lord is vast. We proactively seek out opportunities to partner with organizations that positively impact the communities in which we do business, which our attorneys are involved with and that can tangibly increase diversity in the profession and within our firm. Examples include the following:
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston: One of our partners participates in the mentoring program and an associate serves as President-Elect for the organization.
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP): Several partners have served on the organization’s Board of Directors, and one of our partners currently co-chairs the CMCP Recruiting Committee.
- Center for Women in Law, University of Texas School of Law: Two of our partners were founding members of the Center.
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms: Many of the Firm’s attorneys routinely attend events and training sponsored by the Chicago Committee. The Firm is developing a city-wide “pipeline” initiative with the organization.
- Cook County (Chicago) Bar Association (CCBA): The Firm has partnered with this organization in putting on its annual job fair.
- Dallas Bar Association’s Minority Attorney Business Development Initiative: The Firm participates in this program which links firms and law students from schools not traditionally represented within firms.
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (HLAI): The Firm sponsors associates who are actively involved in the mentoring of Hispanic/Latin law students through this organization. The Firm also has a scholarship in its name through HLAI’s sister organization, the Hispanic Lawyers Scholarship Fund.
- Houston Bar Association’s Subcommittee on Minority Opportunities Program: The Firm has participated in this program since 2002, providing summer clerkships and mentoring to participant law students.
- Houston Diversity Council: We are involved in the launch of this new organization.
- J.L. Turner Legal Association: Our lawyers have continuously served in leadership roles for this organization, which is the Dallas affiliate to the National Bar Association, including most recently as President.
- Leadership Academy for Women of Color Attorneys: The Firm sponsors and attends the annual training conference presented by this organization.
- Minority Attorney Networking Series: We support this Dallas initiative designed to permit diverse attorneys to network, build alliances and form relationships with colleagues in the community.
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA): Locke Lord previously served as the host firm for the Southeast Region Managing Director and staff. In addition, the firm is a sponsor of the organization’s regional diversity dinners and attends and fully supports events presented by the organization.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA): The Firm fully supports the time and expense associated with our attorneys’ involvement with the organization.
- National Bar Association (NBA): The Firm fully supports the membership and conference attendance of several attorneys. In addition, one of our partners chaired the NBA’s Health Law Section.
- National Women’s Council: Firm Chair Jerry Clements serves on the Board of Directors of this organization.
- Texas Minority Counsel Program. One of our partners serves on the Steering Committee and the Firm supports attendance and participation of several attorneys each year.