News & Events
Locke Lord: Your Social Media Professionals
Click here for the pdf
Schedule Your Custom "The Law of Social Media" Seminar or Webinar Today!
Clients turn to Locke Lord for advice on a wide range of complex issues, including compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to social media sites. Whether your organization currently uses social media – or you are just now developing a social media strategy – we can provide a thorough analysis of the legal risks facing your organization and deliver strategic counsel to minimize these risks and avoid future problems.
As a value-added service to our clients and friends, Locke Lord will provide a complimentary 60- or 90-minute The Law of Social Media seminar either on-site or as a teleconference, covering the topics you select from the following modules:
- Advertising & Marketing: Social media campaigns are often used to create a buzz and promote a brand or product. Organizations need to be wary about ensuring those campaigns comply with the rules applicable to claims, endorsements, testimonials, sweepstakes and contests.
- Litigation & e-Discovery: Organizations must understand how litigation is changing with the increasing use of social media, as well as understand and comply with e-Discovery obligations for social media content.
- Employment Law: Drafting a company social media policy, the enforceability of such policies, the use of social media in hiring and termination, and the protection of trade secrets in social media are all important employment considerations.
- Intellectual Property Law: Copyright and trademark protection and infringement issues will be explored, as well as the right of publicity.
- Policy & Enforcement: Policies are critical tools in managing a social media strategy. It is important to enforce these policies and have an enforcement strategy when your brand is under attack.
- Behavioral Marketing: The use of online behavior tracking software and geo-tracking tools to deliver tagged advertising content are hot-button issues in Congress. This module spotlights the issues and provides compliance tips for the private industry standards currently available.
- Privacy: The methods of gathering data, including via behavioral advertising and geo-location features, and the nature of the information being gathered are hot topics. Organizations need to set expectations for consumers and employees and control information to ensure compliance with current and developing privacy laws.
With this unique, on-site program, your organization will benefit from being able to discuss these issues in a closed forum limited in attendance to your personnel. Questions may be submitted in advance to the presenters for discussion during the seminar. The seminar leaders also will provide your organization with Locke Lord’s six-point risk mitigation framework to help you identify and reduce risk arising from an enterprise social media program.
We would be happy to tailor a social media presentation around the modules above that you believe are most pertinent to your organization. To arrange for a presentation or for more information on Locke Lord’s social media experience, please contact:
Gregory T. Casamento
Section Head, Advertising & Marketing
Section Head, Business Technology
Patrick J. Hatfield
Section Head, Business Technology
Advertising & Marketing
Hanna Fister Norvell
Labor & Employment
Michael R. Schulman
Practice Group Leader, Trademark, Copyright & Advertising
Paul C. Van Slyke
Section Head, Trademark Copyright & Branding