About The Firm
As technology improves the practice of law, Locke Lord keeps pace with the demands of a changing world. We are committed to superior client service through the use of advanced technology.
We routinely employ the latest trends in law firm and business technology to better meet the needs and expectations of our clients. Our attorneys and support staff are technologically savvy and know how to use video-conferencing equipment, an in-house teleconference bridge and an advanced document management system with an on-line collaboration module. We use laptops and PDA’s to provide critical remote access. Our attorneys can access important client data at a moment's notice from any location in the world, including e-mail, documents and research software.
The Firm uses a suite of products that provide a state-of-the-art Windows-based litigation support system. These products address the major requirements of computerized litigation support: database management, document imaging and transcript management.
We provide high-tech litigation support. Our primary mission is to explore, develop and implement state-of-the-art technological support for our lawyers and clients in a cost effective manner. Specifically, we provide the following:
Firm wide Technical Solutions:
- Summation LG Gold 2.7 – Complete case management including discovery management, transcript database, pleadings index and electronic data review, and complete production utilities
- Concordance – Provides electronic discovery and litigation document management
- LiveNote FT - Allows for real time court and deposition transcription capturing and management
- Trial Director – Comprehensive trial presentation for exhibits, videotaped testimony and complex demonstratives
- CaseMap - Brings matter management tools to attorneys in any legal specialization
- TimeMap – Allows our attorneys to track events in their cases and efficiently manage events and milestones in a case
Litigation Support Project Managers:
- Work with legal teams to identify and implement necessary technologies
- Develop a budget and guidelines for projects to insure a high ROI for the client
- Manage outside vendors and service bureaus as needed for the project
- Train and support the legal teams in all areas of case technology to ensure efficient and cost saving use
- Provide all levels of technology solutions to our clients at trial, arbitration or other hearings.
- Work with the legal teams to develop in courtroom demonstratives, PowerPoint presentations and other visual aids
- Set up on-site “war rooms” and conference centers for an effective working environment for the client and legal team when in trial
Locke Lord maintains multiple connections to the Internet to ensure connectivity for Internet access and e-mail service. Attorneys and staff can access their Outlook from any computer in the world by utilizing Internet connection with Outlook Web Access or Citrix.
We launched our Web site, www.lockelord.com, in early 2008 with a more engaging and dynamic interface. This site provides useful information regarding our various practice areas as well as individual résumés of each of our attorneys. In addition, we provide detailed information on our attorney hiring process, diversity and community relations initiatives. The design incorporates consistent branding and identity standards, increased functional utility as well as site-wide searching, contact and resource identification and personalization.
We have an extensive Intranet, which is used as an internal communication tool for Firm-wide information. The following partial list of communications illustrates the type of information provided on the system: Firm announcements, links to relevant Internet sites, Firm directory, office layout, and a repository of various human resources and accounting forms and documents.
The Firm utilizes Interwoven’s iManage as its unified Document Management System. iManage leads the legal industry in market share and trend over the last four years. iManage contains numerous modules that will allow users to collaborate and share information much more effectively.
Additionally, integrated with Office and iManage, we use a number of applications, such as Innova, Full Authority, and Workshare Compare, which are used to assist in the creation, cleaning, and comparison of documents.
Other notable technological capabilities include:
- Standard desktop/laptop includes a PC with a minimum of 2.6Ghz, Windows XP Professional, and Office 2003.
- All firm laptops can connect to internal resources via a VPN connection. This allows the attorney to access resources as if they were in the office.
- Citrix allows our attorneys and staff access to applications on the Locke Lord network from anywhere in the world using the Internet or dial up via a phone line. This capability allows access to all key applications, including e-mail and our document management system.
- eCopy machines are located on each floor of our offices. These machines function as a printer, a copier and a scanner. The scan feature creates a PDF image of the media, which allow the user to send the document via e-mail or fax. Each user also has the capability of creating PDF documents at their desktop from original documents.
- The Locke Lord Wide Area Network is comprised of several technologies. The Firm utilized a MPLS network in most of the offices. In 2008, all of the offices will connect to an MPLS network. Fixed DS3, and T1 circuits are utilized as backups to the MPLS network providing immediate fail over if any one circuit fails. This network is key to the Firm’s disaster recovery plan in which redundant documents and e-mails are maintained in the event of a network outage or a catastrophic disaster.