News & Events
New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) and Other Tax Credit Financings: What Investors, Borrowers, Nonprofits and State/Local Governments Should Know
The Offices of Locke Lord LLP
Topics to be covered include:
Powerpoint presentation and handouts followed by Q&A session
- Introduction and history of the federal and state NMTC programs
- Recent trends
- Projects, businesses and nonprofits that qualify for NMTC financing
- Threshold requirements
- Typical transaction participants
- Economic and other benefits of NMTC financing
- Underwriting criteria of NMTC financing
- Low-Income Community and “Distressed Characteristics”
- Applying for NMTC Allocation
- Recapture of NMTCs
- Ten Differences Among NMTCs, Historic Tax Credits and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- Examples of typical NMTC and other tax credit structures
- Q & A Session
To register, please click here
Alan Kennard (Chicago - Chair of the New Markets Tax Credit Practice): Alan is a member in the Tax, Public Finance and Real Estate practices of Locke Lord. He has substantial experience in federal, international, state and local tax matters involving corporations and partnerships, innovative investment structures and tax-exempt entities, and focuses on tax credit financing, including new markets tax credits, historic tax credits, low-income housing tax credits and energy tax credits, as well as public finance.
This program is pending approval for 1.0 hour of MCLE credit. Please specify the state from which you would like to receive credit when registering.
Who Should Attend
Corporations and financial institutions, real estate developers and nonprofits, and professionals in state/local government who are involved in community development.
Please contact Lauren Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-443-0313 with any webinar-related questions.