News & Events
ACI's Managed Care Litigation Conference
The Union League
Pat Coffey will be speaking at the ACI's Managed Care Litigation Conference taking place on May 17-18, 2011.
As the litigation surrounding managed care organizations continues to heat up, learn how to:
- MINIMIZE your exposure to False Claims Act violations under health care reform’s expanded statute
- ANALYZE RICO implications raised in the Ingenix case
- ESPOUSE the theories on which out-of-network providers pursue reimbursement from patients’ health plans
- DETERMINE when to pursue affirmative cost recovery litigation against third parties
- INTEGRATE existing state rules and health care reform provisions into a comprehensive system
- DEFEND against class action lawsuits filed on behalf of subscribers and doctors
Mr. Coffey will participate in a session entitled "Defending Against False Claims Actions and Identifying the Other Fraud & Abuse Implications of Managed Care Litigation."
This session will discuss the following topics:
- Minimizing your exposure to False Claims Act violations under Health Reform’s expanded statute
- Ensuring diagnosis codes are properly submitted so that the plan is reimbursed correctly
- Reporting to the government and paying back overpayments within a defined time period to avoid increased monetary penalties
- responding to government inquiries
- Investigating whether hospitals are increasing prices and upcoding patient treatments in order to get additional money from the managed care company
- Top 5 things to do now to minimize your risk of a government investigation
- Managing and defending against whistleblower claims and qui tam suits
- Developing a risk adjustment model that withstands government scrutiny
- justifying your sliding scale of increasing patient premiums
To access the event brochure, please click here. To register or view the event website, please visit AmericanConference.com/managedcare.