News & Events
A First Look at Health Care Reform: What Employers Need to Know
Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell
2200 Ross Avenue
22nd Floor Conference Center
A panel of knowledgeable Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell attorneys will present a concise and timely program on the implications of the recently-enacted federal health reform legislation. This program will be focused on the impact of reform legislation on employer groups.
- The impact of health reform legislation on the U.S. health care system
- The effective dates of important reform measures
- The impact of health reform on your business, your employee health benefit programs and your employees
- Employer obligations to provide health benefits
- Tax implications for health benefit plans and employer benefit plan sponsors
- Penalties that may apply and how they will be calculated
- The status of legal challenges to reform legislation and the consequences of those challenges
- E. Philip Bush (Dallas Partner): Philip Bush has been helping businesses understand and comply with the complex laws governing employee benefit plans and executive incentive programs for over 25 years.
- Lisa Genecov (Program Moderator, Dallas Partner): For more than 20 years, Lisa Genecov has been counseling medical providers and health care professionals on a variety of issues, including formation of health care networks, joint ventures and management services organizations, and choice of entity and governance matters.
- Denise E. Hanna (Washington, DC Partner): Denise Hanna has been involved in public policy and transactional matters affecting the health care industry for more than 20 years.
- Jan R. Newsom (Dallas Senior Counsel): Jan Newsom has been practicing health care law with a focus on health care utilization management and quality assurance, regulatory issues, licensing and credentialing and third party administration matters for more than 25 years.
Who Should Attend
CEOs, CFOs, In-House Counsel, Government Affairs Professionals and Employee Benefits Managers.
CLE credit is available for this program and information specific to your state will be provided after you register. In addition, this program will be available via webinar. Please indicate your mode of attendance when you RSVP.
RSVP by April 23, 2010 to Lauren Smith at
Lunch will be provided.