News & Events
Climate Change Regulation
Preparing for Regulation and Capitalizing on Current Opportunities
Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
600 Travis Street, 25th Floor
Locke Lord will be hosting a Climate Change breakfast in Houston on Tuesday, April 14th. This briefing will discuss the latest regulatory developments relating to climate change, what’s coming next, and what you should be doing now to be ready for the new rules and opportunities.
Topics to be covered include:
- Up-to-the-minute insights from our Washington, D.C.-based public affairs team, Locke Lord Strategies,
on the legislative outlook for a carbon cap and trade program or tax;
- An update on the latest developments in the executive branch and overview of the new greenhouse gas emissions reporting rule;
- The latest trends and developments in litigation relating to climate change issues;
- Current compliance concerns – SEC and NAIC climate risk disclosure requirements;
- How to prepare for impending climate change regulation – carbon counting and early action; and
- Participating in the carbon markets – generating and trading carbon offsets, allowances, and RECs.