News & Events
NYIPLA CLE Day of Dinner Program
The Starlight Roof at The Waldorf Astoria
301 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Partner John Sweeney will participate in the NYIPLA CLE Day of Dinner Program presented by the New York Intellectual Property Law Association on March 27, 2009. This program is especially timely in view of the recent decision of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Larson Mfg. Co. v. Aluminart Products Ltd
., which will be discussed by the judges and attorneys on the panel.
In addition to John Sweeney, our distinguished panel of speakers includes:
- Hon. Sharon Prost, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Hon. Susan G. Braden, Judge, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Hon. Paul A. Crotty, District Judge, U.S. District Court, Southern District of NY
- Melvin C. Garner, Darby & Darby P.C.
- W. Edward Bailey, Lovells LLP
- Anthony Giaccio, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
Inequitable Conduct – Vaccine or Plague?
The defense of inequitable conduct has been described as “a plague on the patent system.” Some argue that when looking at the cost-risk-benefit balance of patent procurement that a strong incentive for candor and disclosure in fact protects the system and ultimately the public. The Panel will discuss the current status of the inequitable conduct defense, courtroom strategies, and questions of reform.
For more event information, please click here